Friday, July 6, 2007

How? Could I? I wouldn't!!! We did!!! You can!!!

by Karin White
mission team participant



The photographs of two children from a home near the orphanage were heartbreaking and difficult to believe. The story that is told of their family is even harder to hear. A visiting doctor was summoned to the home to examine the crippled mother and check the health of the children.

The two dirty children who were playing near the cooking fire looked into the camera as their pictures were taken. Their eyes will never let you forget the hurt that even the youngest Haitians experience.
The cruel absence of basic human necessities is ever present in Haiti.

Anyone who has ever visited Haiti probably has asked themselves...How could I give Haiti clean water and electricity? If I could just provide basic human needs, would I make Haiti a better, safer, cleaner place to live? Could I extend the years of their life by giving them free medical care? How far would I go to provide them with healthy food? How can I clothe Haiti? If I could give all of the orphans someone who would love them would they not be so alone?
If I could change Haiti, fix all of its injustices and stop the violence I wouldn’t hesitate to begin!

Cabaret Baptist Children’s Home is where I will begin. Others have come before me and have asked themselves the same questions. While in Haiti, I placed my footprints in the same dirt where the footprints of God's servants once were. The visionaries and missionaries saw the orphaned children sleeping in their own beds at night. They prayed for the day that the children wouldn't wonder when or if they will have their next meal.
The CHILDREN OF HAITI are at the heart of why I go to Haiti.
The children whose lives are changed in Bercy are tomorrow’s Haiti.

YOU CAN!!!
For $50 a month - sponsor a child at the children's home or school in Bercy, Haiti.

For More Information Call/or Write
Jacksonville Baptist Association
2700 University Blvd. S.
Jacksonville, FL 32216
904.727.6800

No comments: