Sunday, July 26, 2009

Catching up ...

I'm sorry that it has been a couple of days ... photos haven't been uploading and I know it is better to see pictures than to listen to what I have to say all the time! The team has kept busy and will soon be heading back to the states. Thanks so much to all of them for the many projects they helped us out with this week! And ... they certainly kept us laughing!

They finished up 2 sets of cabinet/shelves and I think that they will work great in the kids' rooms. They also completed the absolutely HUGE task I set before them which was organizing the storage room. Not only can I find things now, but it looks incredible! I am THRILLED beyond measure that they were able to help out with this!


Friday afternoon, we took the children to the beach and had a great time together. And then on Saturday afternoon, we took just a few employees and the team to Wahoo Bay, which I believe is one of the most beautiful places I've seen in Haiti. Both days were great fun and good breaks for all of us.



Although Cheryl probably wouldn't approve, I just had to include the above picture ... when she caught a crab at Wahoo :) She and Lexi were chasing him around for quite some time. I took a zillion photos of different scenery sort of stuff at the beach, but the one below is probably my favorite from the two afternoons.

Today was church in the morning ... Pastor Micah preached a phenominal sermon and the team ministered through song. It was a great time of worship and a great time for some of them to love on the kiddos (altho it does get a tad hot and a bit overwhelming to have 50 kids with you in church!).



Thanks again, to everyone on the team for all you've accomplished this week for the kingdom. Thank you for taking time out of your "normal" life to spend a week with us and to share your lives with God's precious children. A special thanks to Rusty and Cheryl ... there aren't even words to express how much I appreciate them, how much I love them and how honored I am to know them and to be a part of their lives. You guys are a treasure. You are incredible people and we love you so much. Thanks for giving your all ... over and over again!










No comments: