Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hanging out with friends

We had a fun time last night just hanging out upstairs with many of the children. At one point, I counted 27 of them up here ... that makes for a lot of noise! But after a while, about 10 of them outlasted the others, the camera came out, and they were having all sorts of fun. Never a dull moment around here, that is for sure. The computer is being kind to me this morning, so I thought I would upload a bunch of our photos we took during all the fun! Enjoy!






-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The baby play room is finished. I painted the walls (no, I cannot take credit for the Jesus mural), had a lot of fun putting all the childrens' handprints on a wall, cleaned up the toys, brought many new ones down, had a shelf made which I painted, mopped the floor, etc. This is what it looked like immediately after it was finished.

The second photo is a bit dark, sorry, the sun was coming in that window ... oh well, you get the idea. Anyway, this lasted about 5 minutes ... until the children entered the room! They loved all the toys though and were having a great time in there. I had a talk with the nannies and told them my expectations (toys stay in that room, clean, etc). I did my hourly check, making sure toys stayed in the room (otherwise they end up in pieces all over the yard, never to be back together again). Yesterday morning, I wasn't feeling the greatest, and it was a few hours before I was able to go downstairs again. When I did, I saw the toys all over the orphanage, inside, outside, etc. The floor was a mess ... dirty ... I threw up my hands in frustration, threw all the toys back in the room and left. The success had not even lasted 24 hours. Ugh. Last night as I prayed about how I could make a difference in the little things ... I felt at my witts end ... over silly little stuff ... but things that will make a difference if they are actually followed through on. I opened my Bible and read these words, " You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. It is written, 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore, let us stop passing judgement on one another. Instead make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way." Romans 14:10-13


Well, didn't that just put me in my place ?? :)


This morning, I woke up competely revived and ready for a new day. I went downstairs around 9am and ...


Not only were the toys all in the room ... they were on the shelf ... they were clean ...and the floor was mopped. God is good, all the time!

Success. For a moment anyway. I rejoice in the small things. I have to, it is what keeps me going.

One little thing at a time. Over and over again.





No comments: