Thursday, June 25, 2009

Beautiful Girls

Today was the first day of two that our 4 oldest girls are taking their government exam. When talking with them last night, they were a bit nervous, but really excited about wearing their new pretty dresses that Mama Cheryl picked out for them. I went downstairs at 6:45 this morning and they were all dressed and eating breakfast. I got side-tracked for a minute (imagine that ...) and when I walked back into the main room downstairs, they were gathered in a circle with a few other children holding hands. Marie-Joe smiled at me and said, "Come here, Shelly, it is time to pray." The children sang a couple of songs and then she led in prayer. A beautiful thing. They were thrilled to pose for a few photos outside before heading off for their test in Cabaret.
The following photos, in order, are of Marie-Joe, Charlene, Nadege, and Melina ... looking as beautiful as ever.


Don't they look fabulous?? I can't wait to talk to them when they get back this afternoon ... which should actually be in about 20 minutes or so. It has been great getting to know these girls more this time down, as I hadn't really gotten to know the older girls too well on my other trips. They are precious, precious girls and all have hearts of gold. Please keep them in your prayers as they continue their testing tomorrow!


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! Thank you, thank you Shelley! And to my lovely ladies- I am so very proud of you!

shelly said...

You are very welcome ... and Marie-Joe thanks u for the prayers and says to please pray tomorrow. God was with her today, the test was hard! :)