Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Birthday, Lexi!!

Who would have thought 8 years ago, as I was giving birth to my precious Alexis Kathleen, that today we would be spending this special afternoon on a beach with 21 of her little friends in Haiti. Certainly not me!!! We left the orphanage at 2:10pm, the exact time that Lexi was born (her idea) and returned around 6. The kids all had a blast, as usual when they get to spend an afternoon in the water.






We started our day out, many hours earlier with finger jello. The kids LOVED it! :) Then church, me with 14 children under the age of six with me on the bench ... yes, really. That was a bit much. Tomorrow we hit the ground running, starting at 7am with some serious training downstairs. God, be with us!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Feliz cumpleanos, Lexi!! So good to see you guys hard at work at the beach :) You are in our prayers!!
Jenn Kidd

Shelly said...

Lexi says thanks :) she knew it was you right when i read "feliz cumpleanos" she goes, "Mrs Kidd!!" And thanx so much for your prayers!

Jenn said...

You are so very welcome!! I am so inspired by the work you are doing and love reading the updates - it also helps to give me specifics to pray for :)