Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The computer room is finished! ( and more random thoughts)

Check out the computer room ... this room is for the older kids to enjoy ... last month, a couple of computers were donated to the orphanage and put into this room (thank you ... again! post and photos are back a few posts). Since then, I decided it would be cool to get more stuff into that room ... to make it a cool hang out place for the kids. We added a bookshelf and a table, which Hermen so kindly made for us ... I painted them, and loaded the shelf full of books, toys, puzzles, and games (we could sure use more though). It is a GREAT hit and the kids have loved spending time in here!





Here is what the computer room looked like before:







And this is what it looks like now!! They are even doing a great job of making it look like this every day when they are finished playing! (wow, that is an accomplishment!).






So ... needless to say, we are very happy with this and hope it continues to be a blessing to the kids. Cheryl sent some fun big toys for the kids to enjoy ... and they have been having a ball with all of their new things!


Of course, the computer has decided that it is finished uploading photos right now. I was going to post some photos of the kids on their new baby slide, on some ride-on toys, in the baby pool ... but that is obviously not going to happen right now. Moan. Groan. This is how it works (or doesn't work!) in Haiti!


It has been a very eventful several days and I am sorry I have been unable to post. There are several reasons for that ... lack of time, lack of internet, lack of knowing what to share and what not to share ... the list goes on. It's been a struggle, to say the least, and we have been tested and pulled in many directions. But God is faithful and we are being obedient and holding onto His promises. Each and every kid is healthy and doing well. They are happy and they love having us around. Yesterday, I was having a "down and discouraged" moment, and Lexi came walking around the corner wearing big white angel wings on her back and dancing around, singing "all night, all day, angels watching over me ... " It cracked me up ... and once again put things into perspective for me. God knows when I need moments like those and gives them to me each and every time!!


This past Sunday, I just needed a touch from Him, and as I went to bed the night before, I asked Him to just give me one song. One song that I could sing along with in English. One song I knew and could worship with my whole heart. God smiled and said, "No Shelly, I will do more than that for you" ... He gave me SIX. Yes, really ... six songs I knew and could sing along to in my own language. I need to stop limiting Him and stop limiting my potential in Him. He has and will come through every time ... in one way or another ... if I just have my heart in the right place and my mind on Him.






No comments: